If you’re still working in jeans and a T shirt, rather than more suitable workwear clothing, then you might not be aware of the benefits of wearing the right sort of workwear clothing for the job.
Here’s what you need to consider.
1. Dedicated work clothing will mean that what your wear for work is suitable and meets the relevant safety standards. You might be an electrician and need spark proof trousers, or need comfortable and effective waterproofs for when you work outside.
2. You’ll want to look professional, so that your clients or customers get the right impression of your company and you as a person. If you turn up to mend a leaky washing machine and don’t look smart and professional, you might have a job convincing the homeowner that you can fix the problem.
3. If you work outside, then you’ll want to remain visible in all weathers. High visibility clothing that meets the appropriate safety standards will be more effective than a cheap fluorescent vest that your reluctantly wear.
4. Your company can also benefit from having branding workwear. What will potential customers and clients think, when they see you going to jobs, or on site? They’ll be impressed, and remember your name so that when they need your products or services, they’ll use you.
5. Effective work clothing will also provide the performance you need. Perhaps you work in extreme temperatures, and still need to be able to move your arms, or hands. You might want to stay warm and dry whilst working in the pouring rain, in the dark, in winter. Having the right insulation, heat retention and water repellent will ensure that you can still do your job effectively.
6. You’ll need your workwear to last, so that it doesn’t need replacing every few weeks. No matter what you do, or in what condition you work, the durability, and so the performance and safety of your work clothing is essential.
7. You might need to have different work clothing for different environments and different situations whilst you work. Perhaps you’ll be on top of a mountain one minute, and then underwater the next. You might be working in completely different temperatures and need to know that you have the right clothing.
8. By having the right work clothing, you’ll be able to get more work done, as you won’t be cold or wet, or too hot, or unable to work when it gets dark. By improving your productivity jobs won’t take as long, and you’ll be more comfortable whilst you work, so you’ll be able to work more carefully too.
9. By being more effective, you’ll also help to improve efficiency. By taking less time to do jobs, you’ll be able to do more jobs, and so you’ll be able to take on more work, and increase turnover. This helps to make the right work clothing a good investment.
10. As well as being a good investment, you’ll need to make sure that you get value for money from your work clothing, and that it meets your requirements. There’s no in buying the cheapest items, if they aren’t going to meet your needs whilst out in the rain, or snow.
Now you know why it’s so important to have the right workwear, you’ll be able to get it right, first time, and be more efficient, productive and save time and money.